Music has the power to inspire and rouse our deepest yearnings.
And our favourite songs have the ability to move us, uplift and transport us, change our mood, and get us into our zone. Great song lyrics are timeless and are often filled with fragments of wisdom and encouragement. The right words, and the right melody, at the right time, can have the most powerful impact of all.
Here’s a snapshot of encouraging quotes lifted from songs, that work equally as beautifully on their own, as inspiring words of encouragement.
- “Look at the stars. Look how they shine for you, and everything you do.” – Coldplay
- “Here comes the sun. And I say, it’s all right.” – The Beatles
- “Take a chance, it could only make you stronger. Do your dance.” – Prince
- “From little things big things grow.” – Paul Kelly & Kev Carmody
- “Take my hand, we’ll make it I swear. Livin’ on a prayer.” – Bon Jovi
- “We’re all in this together.” – Ben Lee
- “Don’t worry, about a thing, cuz every little thing is gonna be alright.” – Bob Marley
- “A loss ain’t a loss, it’s a lesson.” – Jay-Z
- “You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one.” – John Lennon
- “If the ride is more fly, then you must buy.” – Snoop Dogg
- “Live without pretending, Love without depending, Listen without defending, Speak without offending.” – Drake
- “Baby, we were born to run.” – Bruce Springsteen
- “Life is ours, we live it our way.” – Metallica
- “I’ll keep this world from dragging me down. Gonna stand my ground. And I won’t back down.” – Tom Petty
- “Dream until your dreams come true.” – Aerosmith
- “Lean on me. I’ll be your friend, I’ll help you carry on.” – Bill Withers
- “I am a champion, and you’re gonna hear me roar.” – Katy Perry
- “Love your curves and all your edges All your perfect imperfections.” – John Legend
- “We are beautiful, in every single way. Yes words can’t bring us down.” – Christina Aguilera
- “There is a light that never goes out.” – The Smiths
- “Hey now, hey now. Don’t dream it’s over.” – Neil Finn
- “Got to lose control before you take control.” – Patti Smith
- “Hey, you got to hold on.” – Brittany Howard/Alabama Shakes
- “Its hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world.” – Dolly Parton
- “There is only one map to the journey of life and it lives within your heart.” – Willie Nelson
We’re always adding to our playlist.
What are your go-to songs or lyrics when you’re seeking an encouragement boost?